Photographic Workshop – 11th May 2013
What is it?
· A workshop for a maximum of 15 attendees, run by Maldon Camera Club, and intended for anyone who has access to a digital camera and wishes to improve the quality of the images they take.
· No particular skill level is assumed, and in fact beginners are particularly welcome.
· Based at the Friends Meeting House in Butt Lane.
· The morning will consist of practical image taking around Maldon.
· The afternoon will be devoted to simple computer techniques for improving these images.
· Computers and digital projection equipment will be provided. Just bring a camera.
What kind of digital camera?
· Any compact, bridge or digital SLR.
· It helps if the camera is capable of manual adjustment but it is not essential.
· The camera should have a removable memory card.
· Not a camera phone, as in general they do not provide sufficient quality or control.
9.30 Meet at Friends Meeting House for Introduction and refreshments.
Divide into groups lead by a MCC member.
Any initial queries regarding operation of cameras etc. dealt with.
10.30 – 12.30 Groups walk round Maldon taking photos.
12.30 – 1.30 Lunch with informal discussion/presentation of basic editing techniques.
1.30 – 3.00 Editing of images from morning. Refreshments served.
3.00 – 3.30 Projection of some of the images.
· Light refreshments will be provided but attendees are requested to bring their own packed lunches.
- Free parking can be found at the Council Offices in Princes Road or at Upper Plume School in Fambridge Road. Otherwise there are paid parking in car parks around the town.
- £15 per person, pre-booking essential.